Margel Lee Craig- Peace Corps Volunteer in Papua New Guinea in late 1980's

Peace Corps Online: Peace Corps News: Peace Corps Library: US Peace Corps: Margel Lee Craig- Peace Corps Volunteer in Papua New Guinea in late 1980's

By Anonymous (71-220-131-18.tcsn.qwest.net - 71.220.131.18) on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 3:11 pm: Edit Post

Margel and Bill Craig were peace corps volunteers in Itokama. I just finished reading their book: The Killing Stones: Two Years in a Papua New Guinea Jungle Village (published in 1992 by Wyndham Hall Press).

Margel is still alive and lives in Tucson AZ.I am wondering if anyone in their town is interested in communicating with MargelCraig. She and Bill were known as "two old white skins" and helped in bookkeeping for the stores and coffee business and he was quite mechanical and repaired machinery, etc.

I really enjoyed the book and learning how villagers and the Craigs worked together duriung their two years.

Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: