Hi to Rich

Peace Corps Online: Peace Corps News: Headlines: Peace Corps Headlines - 2003: 01 January 2003 Peace Corps Headlines: January 3, 2003 - Morrison County Record: RPCV Rich Carlson served the 400 inhabitants of the tiny island of Puluwa : Hi to Rich

By Anonymous (host71-232.guamcc.net - on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 6:54 pm: Edit Post

I just want to say hello to Rich Carlson, and also to say that I was happy to read all that he was telling about Polowat. I am a native of that island, and now residing in Guam. I have been in Guam for so many years. The last time I was visiting my island was in Dec. 1997 to Aug.1998. Reading what Mr.Carlosn was posting in here really put a smile to my face, especially about his dog being eaten up for his farewell party. I wish I could see some more picture of my island in here.

By UrumarinDC (yap-pm01-s14.telecom.fm - on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 4:14 am: Edit Post

Hey Urumar ! I searched and could not find you on the PC global email listing and so here goes. I couldn't find you at graduation and wanted so much to thank you for your kindness and time during training in DC. It was a pleasure to have met and gotten to know you and hope to meet you again one day when I can prepare some urumar for you and Nancy. You are probably in Lesotho settling in and so I wish you the best in your new home there. I would also like to remind you that you always have a home in Micronesia. :) Take care and hugs from URUMAR... I am listed on the PC global. Bye for now and hope to receive word from you one day.

By james ikanur ( on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 2:56 am: Edit Post

hi rich my name is James ikanur.im from polowat. I heared about you from the older men in polowat. please respond if you see my email.

By james ikenur ( on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 3:00 am: Edit Post

hi olofat ifahumw.

By Larry Lahr ( on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:58 am: Edit Post

Hello Rich,

It has been long time since we've been in contact, but I think of you often, and hope that you and Nancy are well. You have been a great friend and mentor to me. Although I miss you, I'm glad that a small part of the rest of the world is getting to experience a little bit of "Rich". I hope that fate will allow me the opportunity to see you some day soon and hear the stories from this chapter in your life!

LJ Lahr

By Anita Onopei ( on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 4:44 pm: Edit Post

Hi Rich. I was online just searching for puluwat stories, and I came across your picture with some kids. I know the one wearing brown lava-lava. His name is Yosef. A chuukese kid who came to live with some puluwat relatives. Anyways, are you now living in Africa. I remember last time we spoke, you said you will take up the job in that area. I am now residing in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Please respond to my email if you come across my message. Thank you

kapong hangi anita

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.