|Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 4:36 pm: |
We are recruiting new candidates for the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service and thought you might want to make members of your organization aware of this exciting opportunity.
We would like to get the word out about our program as soon as possible. We only recruit once every two years and our recruitment effort is already underway. The 2003 Foreign Commercial Service Officer vacancy announcement (http://jsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/summary.asp?OPMControl=IN4282) is open. The announcement became available on May 20, 2003 and will close July 1, 2003 at 11:59 pm EST.
This is an entry-level position in the Foreign Service as a Career-Candidate Commercial Officer leading to Career Status. Qualification requirements are listed in the vacancy announcement for details on what is expected of Foreign Commercial Service Officers, appointment eligibility, and qualification standards.
The announcement may also be accessed through the USAjobs.gov (http://www.usajobs.opm.gov) website (just navigate to the U.S. Department of Commerce listings).
We are primarily looking for candidates with an advanced degree (BA/BS or MA/MS). Our recruitment effort is focused at individuals who have one or two years of specialized experience as described below:
· Assisting with the production of regional and/or international market analyses that are accepted as accurate and authoritative, and that form the basis of business-related decisions.
· Assisting with the development or implementation of an international trade and marketing strategy for a U.S. product or service which includes identifying target foreign markets, analyzing the potential of these new markets, developing a business plan to successfully establish business operations, and promoting the product or service domestically and internationally.
· Assisting in the planning and implementation of trade promotion events such as trade fairs or trade missions.
· Actively participating in contacts with foreign governments or other organizations to influence the outcome of business activities between U.S. companies and foreign markets.
· Contributing to the analysis of commercial issues requiring trade, economic, or business knowledge of one or more geographic or political regions.
The Foreign Commercial Service is the global business solutions unit of the Department of Commerce and maintains a worldwide network of 151 international offices in 83 countries and 105 U.S. Export Assistance Centers throughout the United States. The mission of the Service is to place primary emphasis on the promotion of exports of goods and services from the United States, particularly by small and medium-sized businesses, and on the protection of United States business interests abroad.
The following information provides a snapshot of the Foreign Commercial Service:
· Founded in 1980
· Worldwide network of 1800 employees
· Provides comprehensive solutions to international trade challenges
· Helps U.S. firms realize their export potential
· Advocates on behalf of U.S. businesses abroad
· Follows Congressional mandate to emphasize small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
· Serves a client base of 88,100 U.S. companies
Information about our program, the application process and requirements, and the qualities we desire in our applicants can be found on the employment page of the www.USATRADE.gov website.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Career Development and
Department of Commerce
14th and Constitution Avenue,
Washington, DC 20230
(202) 482-2648 (voice)
(202) 482-1629 (fax)
|Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 8:54 am: |
Thanks! I forgot these were available. You Don,t work with Mercy Corps do ya.
|Miguel (66-50-174-125.prtc.net - 184.108.40.206)
|Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 7:08 am: |
will like to get infomation and how to help? can i get something in mail miguel sanchez-hc57 b-10074 cruces ,aguada pto.rico.00602.