Peace Corps and leagal history Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Peace Corps Online » Discussion » Bulletin Board Posts » Peace Corps and leagal history « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

WorriedApplicant ( -
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 11:51 am:   

Hi everyone,

Im in the process of applying for the peace corps. I've put 2 years of thought into it and I am positive that it is something I want to do. The only problem is I was arrested about a year and a half ago for possession of marijuana. I got a Continue Without a Finding, which basicaly means I had to do 20+hr community service, pay a small fine, and not get in trouble for 6 months (all of which I did) and the case was dismissed. I've never been in any other kind of trouble at all, not even a speeding ticket and I no longer use marijuana or alcohol.

My question is, how bad will this effect my chances to get accepted into the peace corps?

Any help or input would be appreciated.

p.s.-I am planning to apply for june/08 when ill be done w/ college and by then I will have significant community service(not just that of my court order) and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Enable HTML code in message