Looking for PC teacher at Tanjong Lobang School, Miri, Sarawak

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Malaysia: Peace Corps Malaysia : The Peace Corps in Malaysia: Looking for PC teacher at Tanjong Lobang School, Miri, Sarawak

By Sam Teo on Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 1:08 am: Edit Post

I was a student at Tanjong Lobang School, Miri, Sarawak (1961 through August 1964). There were two PC teachers and one matron at TLS. I keep close touch with one teacher (Robert Stewart -Physics), and am curious to know where the other teacher (Robert Lynn - English) is.

Rgds, Sam

By haji (202.185.79.210) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 4:40 am: Edit Post

Could anyone give me any news of Marion McConkey who served as a Matron at Tanjong Lobang School, Miri,Sarawak (1963-65.

Haji Mohamed

By Robert W. Lynn (cache-mtc-aa04.proxy.aol.com - 64.12.116.8) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 5:51 pm: Edit Post

Hi, both Sam and Haji. Just emailed back to you, having found your year-old and two-year-old messages. I'd entered Google searches for "Kolej Tun Dato" etc. several times, but today (22 Dec 04) was the first time I tried "tanjong lobang." Hope to hear from you, and will tell you a lot more if you respond. Bob Lynn

By Mila Kalish (c-24-8-165-93.hsd1.co.comcast.net - 24.8.165.93) on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 5:27 pm: Edit Post

Dear Haji,
My mother, Blanche Caspar, trained with Marion McConkey in Hilo, Hawaii at the end of 1963. My mother was a matron at Dragon School, and she mentioned Marion many times in her letters. I know she traveled to Miri and visited Marion in April 1964.
Would love to hear from you.
Mila Kalish, in Boulder Colorado

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: