Sierra Leone 1962 - 64

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Sierra Leone: Message Board for Sierra Leone RPCV's: Sierra Leone 1962 - 64

By Admin1 (Admin) on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 1:25 pm: Edit Post

Anyone you are looking for or would like to hear from?:

Jim Smith and Paul Wrobel, who I served with. Paul and I exchanged emails a couple of years ago, but I have not heard about Jim, whose unusual name makes him hard to trace.

Contact Jay S. Friedman at jsf1acdcdgo or leave a message here.

By David Brubaker ( - on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 2:42 pm: Edit Post

3.25.08 My name is David Brubaker. I am looking for a high school & college (Univ. of TX) friend of mine named Bill Lovelace. He served in Sierra Leone from 1963 to 1965 and later in DC for the PC.
I last saw him c. 1988. Any news would be much appreciated

By Darleen Beals ( - on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 11:43 pm: Edit Post

I'm looking for my former roommate in Sierra Leone, Jeannette Wilson, (62-64) who was also an R.N. on our medical team in Magburaka. Does anyone know where she is or what has happened to her?

By Paul Wrobel ( on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 5:53 pm: Edit Post

What's all this about needing an account and a password? Too rude, dude. This doesn't sound like the Peace Corps in which I served and worked for more than five years. Jay: send me a note. the address you listed? Well,pahdi,U NO Day. David Brubaker: I was Bill's roomate in Segbwema (1964: he moved in after an unpleasant experience). Later,I hired him to teach French at the Virgin Islands Training Center. If you reach him, let me know. RE Jim Smith: He's from Decatur, Illnois. I visited him there in the late 60s and stayed with his family (Mom. Dad, etc.)Even though a great deal of time has passed, Decatur ain't New York,so get his middle initial (isn't it "B?")and send a note to the newspaper. I have a feeling Jim is still around Decatur. He had many friends there.

By William M. Turner ( on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 1:55 pm: Edit Post

Looking for Donald H. Hutton from the Cyprus 1 (62-64) Peace Corps Project Graduate of Bethany College, Bethany West Virginia. Don would be 76 today.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.