Message Center for Mozambique RPCVs

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Mozambique: Message Center for Mozambique RPCVs
Messages, Announcements or Questions
for Mozambique RPCVs

Peace Corps News: Other Volunteers from your COS · PCOL Magazine · Breaking News · Search
Leave your message below for RPCVs who served in Mozambique.

To leave an announcement for the entire RPCV community, go here.
If you are looking for a lost RPCV go here.

By Blake Schmidt ( - on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 9:11 pm: Edit Post

Hey Moz RPCVs,
Please check out to see about my photography project in Mozambique.
Blake H. Schmidt RPCV Mozambique 2001-2003

By gwyneth caverly ( on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 3:43 pm: Edit Post

I have a question for recently returned RPCVs from Mozambique. I was a business volunteer in Bolivia (96-98) and I'm thinking about joining the Peace Corps again, and going to Africa this time around. I've been studying Portuguese and am hoping that I get sent to Mozambique. Are there business volunteers in Mozambique? Thanks!

By Melissa Nehmer ( - on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 3:08 pm: Edit Post

Hi, I am a current applicant, and after speaking with my peace corps recruiter, have found out that they would like to nominate me for a math teaching assingnment in Africa. However, I am a math and spanish major, and hope to use spanish somehow later in my professional career. So, I am nervous that accepting such a position and not speaking spanish for 2 years, I will lose alot of what I have gained through my study abroad and studies here. However, I know that this is not an experience that I can so easily cast off because of this fear. I was wondering if anyone was in a similar position and could tell me how it affected them? Thank you so much for any advice from personal experience you can give me!

By George martinez ( - on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 1:37 pm: Edit Post

I am trying to Locate a volunteer name Veronica Martinez. She is from San Diego, Logan Heights area. I am writing on behalf of her brother George. He misses her. Please email me at or respond here. Thank You very kindly

By R. B. Moorehead, Jr., ( - on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 10:12 am: Edit Post

to just arrived Bern Moorehead: Glad for safe journey. Orientation must be underway. Whit just submitted his ap work, looked very good.Best regards from Bern Whit Peggy and Sam 5/7/05

By Lily Olivier ( - on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 9:05 am: Edit Post

I was recently invited to Peace Corps in Mozambique, and will be doing Health Education in schools and the community. I would love to get any advice, feedback, etc about your experiences! I haven't met too many people who have been to Mozambique.

By Lindsay ( - on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 1:00 am: Edit Post

I recently was invited to serve in Mozambique as an secondary education English teacher... does anyone have any advice or suggestions about Mozambique

By Ozgur Akbas ( on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 3:13 pm: Edit Post

Hi There,
A friend of mine, Jessica Taylor, volunteered in Mozambique several years ago. At first I had gotten some e-mails from her but I think after she moved out from Maputo the e-mails stopped. The e-mail address that I have for her doesn't seem to work. I was wondering how she was doing and whether she was safe and sound.
If anyone is in contact with her, please feel free to pass on my e-mail address ( to her.
Thank you,

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.