October 22, 2003 - Americus Times-Recorder: Morocco RPCV Philip I. Szmedra speaks at Third World Seminar on small island states

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Morocco: Peace Corps Morocco : The Peace Corps in Morocco: October 22, 2003 - Americus Times-Recorder: Morocco RPCV Philip I. Szmedra speaks at Third World Seminar on small island states

By Admin1 (admin) (pool-151-196-110-177.balt.east.verizon.net - 151.196.110.177) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 1:35 pm: Edit Post

Morocco RPCV Philip I. Szmedra speaks at Third World Seminar on small island states

Morocco RPCV Philip I. Szmedra speaks at Third World Seminar on small island states

Szmedra speaks today at Third World Seminar on small island states
From Staff Reports

AMERICUS--Philip I. Szmedra, Ph.D., assistant professor of economics at Georgia Southwestern State University, will be the featured speaker at a GSW Third World in Perspective Program seminar, "Problems Confronting Small Island States: The Case of Fiji," 6-7:30 p.m. today, in the GSW Education Center, Room 100. The public is invited and encouraged to attend this free presentation.

Szmedra, an authority on Development Economics and Small Island Development States (SIDS), received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Agricultural Economics from the University of Georgia. He served as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer in Morocco, was employed as an agricultural economist in the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and taught various economic development courses at the University of Pacific in Suva, Fiji.

Szmedra is the author of many referred articles on Third World agricultural problems. He is also GSW representative on the board of directors of the Georgia Consortium, Inc., and a member of the board of editors of Journal of Third World Studies (JTWS).

Some postings on Peace Corps Online are provided to the individual members of this group without permission of the copyright owner for the non-profit purposes of criticism, comment, education, scholarship, and research under the "Fair Use" provisions of U.S. Government copyright laws and they may not be distributed further without permission of the copyright owner. Peace Corps Online does not vouch for the accuracy of the content of the postings, which is the sole responsibility of the copyright holder.

Story Source: Americus Times-Recorder

This story has been posted in the following forums: : Headlines; COS - Morocco

PCOL8226

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: