Condolence and support for the family of Fern Holland

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Namibia: Special: Namibia RPCV Fern Holland put her life on the line for Iraqi Women: April 1, 2004 - Christian Science Monitor: After an advocate's killing, Iraqi women try to stay course : Leave your Message of Condolence here for family and friends of Fern Holland: Condolence and support for the family of Fern Holland

By spiritcc (152.34.226.67) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit Post

Dear Family and Friends of Fern Holland: In our lives we are given opportunities to make the world a better place, a place where people are treated with compassion and dignity. Please know that Fern died doing this, and her work did not die with her. Her gifts were appreciated, and we cannot allow the hatred of a few people to diminish her efforts, or our respect for her and her work. May the Lord give you strength in the days and weeks ahead. Chaplain Cristina

By Diane Magolan (cpe-24-209-127-171.wi.rr.com - 24.209.127.171) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit Post

Dear Holland Family,
I heard about Fern via the Peace Corps website. I was a Peace Corps volunteer in Malaysia in 1964. My son was recently in Iraq for 6 months. It was one of the most difficult times in my life. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy. My prayers are with you at this difficult time. World peace is my hope for the world some day.
Sincerely,
Diane Meidel Magolan

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: