|By Username (warren314-1.sph.berkeley.edu - 188.8.131.52) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 4:39 pm: Edit Post|
A few folks have begun to revitalize the Friends of Ecuador group beginning with a database-driven website, www.FriendsofEcuador.org. The site will offer many services including:
- Link donations to ongoing RPCV projects in Ecuador
- Provide a connection to US markets for Ecuadorian fair trade products
- Strengthen ties between Ecuadorian communities in the US and US citizens who have lived and worked in Ecuador
- Connect technically proficient short term volunteers to ongoing RPCV projects in Ecuador
Create a forum for RPCVs to reconnect with each other
- Develop an historical archive of the RPCV experience in Ecuador
- Advance the Peace Corps' third goal, "To strengthen Americans' understanding of the world and its peoples - to bring the world back home."
Look for the site's launch later this year!
|By Bernnard M. Dick (ts1-ilanna41.shawneelink.net - 184.108.40.206) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 7:10 pm: Edit Post|
I would like to give greetings to the people in La Concepcion where I spent two great years 1993 to 1995. Especially to Edwardo Alvarez and his family. I wonder if the chicken coop is still on his roof.
Bernardo--Cuerpo de Paz volunteer.