October 8, 2004: Headlines: COS - Sierra Leone: Film: Documentaries: Television: Black Issues: Police: Humor: tv barn: Tonight we’ll see Alrick, a former Peace Corps worker who wants to make a movie about a notorious police brutality case, admit that “the film is my girlfriend right now” as he gets chewed out on the phone by his real-life girlfriend.

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Sierra Leone: Peace Corps Sierra Leone : The Peace Corps in Sierra Leone: October 8, 2004: Headlines: COS - Sierra Leone: Film: Documentaries: Television: Black Issues: Police: Humor: tv barn: Tonight we’ll see Alrick, a former Peace Corps worker who wants to make a movie about a notorious police brutality case, admit that “the film is my girlfriend right now” as he gets chewed out on the phone by his real-life girlfriend.

By Admin1 (admin) (pool-141-157-9-111.balt.east.verizon.net - 141.157.9.111) on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit Post

Tonight we’ll see Alrick, a former Peace Corps worker who wants to make a movie about a notorious police brutality case, admit that “the film is my girlfriend right now” as he gets chewed out on the phone by his real-life girlfriend.

Tonight we’ll see Alrick, a former Peace Corps worker who wants to make a movie about a notorious police brutality case, admit that “the film is my girlfriend right now” as he gets chewed out on the phone by his real-life girlfriend.

I’ve been meaning to write about “Film School,” the engaging new documentary series from the Independent Film Channel that follows four wannabe directors through their final year at New York University.

Tonight’s episode (9:30 on IFC) is a great jumping-in point, that is if you enjoy jumping into boiling pots of water.

“Film School” immerses us in the seemingly unending details that these four must manage if they’re to get their student project done in time for the school’s film festival. Money, dependable colleagues and a life outside of making the film are in short supply.

Filmmaking is not unlike making TV shows, but unlike TV film has a way of demanding Something Great, even from these first-timers. That expectation, and the $40,000-a-year cost of film school, are an unholy load on their shoulders. You can see each of them being worn down almost from the get-go.

“You have an incredibly low maintenance thing going here,” she fumes.

Then there’s Vincenzo, a likable Italian with the cinematic surname of Tripodo, who has made the mistake of entrusting crucial details of his project to an incompetent producer and her slug of a boyfriend. Tune in tonight as it all comes to a head and Mount Vincenzo erupts.

IFC is Channel 287 on Time Warner and 408 on Everest. (Comcast readers might want to ask their cable provider why it’s not carrying IFC.)

This morning I was excited to see the second episode of “Worst Week of My Life” on BBC America. That’s why I was rather disappointed to find that, overnight, I had TiVo’ed Time Warner Cable’s notice that BBC America had moved to another channel. — Jonathan Plummer, Kansas City

While it’s true that the elements uniquely conspired against you (TiVo’s listings service, in theory, should have registered that Time Warner had moved BBC America to Channel 78 late Sunday), I can’t see why the cable company couldn’t have simulcast the channel on digital and basic cable, perhaps with a crawl on Channel 256 announcing the change

When this story was posted in October 2004, this was on the front page of PCOL:

Director Gaddi Vasquez:  The PCOL Interview Director Gaddi Vasquez: The PCOL Interview
PCOL sits down for an extended interview with Peace Corps Director Gaddi Vasquez. Read the entire interview from start to finish and we promise you will learn something about the Peace Corps you didn't know before.

Plus the debate continues over Safety and Security.
Schwarzenegger praises PC at Convention Schwarzenegger praises PC at Convention
Governor Schwarzenegger praised the Peace Corps at the Republican National Convention: "We're the America that sends out Peace Corps volunteers to teach village children." Schwarzenegger has previously acknowledged his debt to his father-in-law, Peace Corps Founding Director Sargent Shriver, for teaching him "the joy of public service" and Arnold is encouraging volunteerism by creating California Service Corps and tapping his wife, Maria Shriver, to lead it. Leave your comments and who can come up with the best Current Events Funny?
 Peace Corps: One of the Best Faces of America Peace Corps: One of the Best Faces of America
Teresa Heinz Kerry celebrates the Peace Corps Volunteer as one of the best faces America has ever projected in a speech to the Democratic Convention. The National Review disagreed and said that Heinz's celebration of the PCV was "truly offensive." What's your opinion and can you come up with a Political Funny?

Read the stories and leave your comments.

Some postings on Peace Corps Online are provided to the individual members of this group without permission of the copyright owner for the non-profit purposes of criticism, comment, education, scholarship, and research under the "Fair Use" provisions of U.S. Government copyright laws and they may not be distributed further without permission of the copyright owner. Peace Corps Online does not vouch for the accuracy of the content of the postings, which is the sole responsibility of the copyright holder.

Story Source: tv barn

This story has been posted in the following forums: : Headlines; COS - Sierra Leone; Film; Documentaries; Television; Black Issues; Police; Humor

PCOL14232

By Anonymous (cpe-72-191-8-103.satx.res.rr.com - 72.191.8.103) on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:56 am: Edit Post

WORLD PEACE THROUGH MARIJUANA, very interesting FREE non-fiction, enjoy

www.havethisbook.com

It's not religious, I promise.

- Victor Antonio

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: