1969: Joy Marburger served in Sierra Leone beginning in 1969

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Sierra Leone: Directory of Sierra Leone RPCVs: 1969: Joy Marburger served in Sierra Leone beginning in 1969

By Admin1 (admin) (pool-151-196-43-253.balt.east.verizon.net - 151.196.43.253) on Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 10:16 pm: Edit Post

Joy Marburger served in Sierra Leone beginning in 1969

cossierraleone

Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Joy Marburger can be contacted at Joy_Marburgeranpsdgov

Country of Service: Sierra Leone

Training Group: Freetown, Bo

Cities you served in: Moyamba

Arrival Year: 1969

Departure Year: 1972

Work Description:

Secondary school science teacher; botanical research

Bring us up to date on your life after the peace corps:

I received a Ph.D. in agronomy from the University of Maryland in 1986. I have worked in wetland restoration for USDA NRCS, private companies, and for St. Johns River Water Management District in Florida. I currently am the research coordinator for the Great Lakes Research and Education Center, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.

Any thoughts you have now looking back on peace corps days?:

It made me more aware of how fortunate Americans are with what they have in material wealth, educational opportunities, and having many natural resources. It helped me to decide to pursue my education in natural resources and stay involved with natural resource protection.

Main Logo

Please post messages to the RPCV and corrections to the profile below.

By Joy Marburger (165.83.132.248) on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 12:19 pm: Edit Post

Returned Peace Corps Volunteers: If you are interested in working on natural resources monitoring and research in temporary summer positions with the National Park Service, contact me.

Joy Marburger, Ph.D.
Research Coordinator
Great Lakes Research and Education Center
1100 North Mineral Springs Road
Porter, Indiana 46304
Joy_Marburger@nps.gov

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: