1975: Franklyn Joseph Bridges served in Botswana in Gaborones and Serowe beginning in 1975

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Botswana: Directory of Botswana RPCVs: 1975: Franklyn Joseph Bridges served in Botswana in Gaborones and Serowe beginning in 1975

By Admin1 (admin) (pool-151-196-123-27.balt.east.verizon.net - 151.196.123.27) on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 2:10 pm: Edit Post

1975: Franklyn Joseph Bridges served in Botswana in Gaborones and Serowe beginning in 1975

Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Franklyn Joseph Bridges can be contacted at tendermeatahotmaildcom

Country of Service: Botswana

Training Group: Philidelphia, Franklin Hotel ?

Cities you served in: Gaborones and Serowe

Arrival Year: Jan. 1975

Departure Year: June 1977

Work Description:

Nutrition Officer, Ministry of Health

Bring us up to date on your life after the peace corps:

Graduate school University of Iowa, MAT degree, science education, 1984. Taught 10 years in Kansas City, MO. Nutritionist and Clay County WIC director in Missouri for past 11 years. Written and published articles on breastfeeding. Built my own home from scratch pretty much solo, took 3 years. Built sailboat Snipe class. Restore Gravely antique garden tractors. Published genealogical articles. Have 3 sons.

Any thoughts you have now looking back on peace corps days?:

Not always a great adventure...received a world view invaluble to me. Would do it again.

Anyone you are looking for or would like to hear from?:

Linda Rosenquist volunteer in group arriving just before mine in Botswana.She Taught Home Ec. Marty Fleming worked in Botswana's wild life, and was in my group who flew there.

Any message for returned volunteers?:

Took me a while, seemed like a year to re-introduce myself back in this culture. Felt like I had to explain where and why, to everyone before they could listen to what I wanted relate about myself. Return Peace Corps get togethers helped.

Originally posted: March 17, 2005

Please post messages to the RPCV below.

If this is your profile, post additions, updates or corrections to your profile below.

RPCVs: To add your own RPCV profile click here.

The Peace Corps Library Date: March 17 2005 No: 499 The Peace Corps Library
Peace Corps Online is proud to announce that the Peace Corps Library is now available online. With over 30,000 index entries in 500 categories, this is the largest collection of Peace Corps related stories in the world. From Acting to Zucchini, you can use the Main Index to find hundreds of stories about what RPCVs with your same interests or from your Country of Service are doing today.

Main Logo

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: