What a wonderful person Jason Hendrix was.

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Colombia: Special Report: Sam Farr: Sam Farr: Archived Stories: March 3, 2005: Headlines: COS - Colombia: Politics: Congress: Iraq: Army: Santa Cruz Sentinel: Congressman Sam Farr, D-Carmel, is urging Army officials to reconsider their decision to hand over the body of Watsonville native Jason Hendrix, who died in Iraq last month, to his father in Oklahoma instead of to his mother Renee Amick of Freedom : What a wonderful person Jason Hendrix was.

By Anonymous (adsl-67-118-242-153.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net - 67.118.242.153) on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 1:06 am: Edit Post

Jason was a very intelligent man. He serverd for his Nation and was very Proud to serve for it. He loved to hunt and play basketball. He was a very patriotic person. Jason loved his family alot. He loved to be in Oklahoma. Jason was a very caring person to everyone. He wanted his career to be in deal with the Army or maybe being a police officer. Jason loved his brother Justin and his sister Amanda very dearly. I think Jason should be left where he was for the reasons that he wanted to be buried beside his grandfather in Oklahoma and always wanted to be laid to rest in Oklahoma.

By Anonymous (ip68-13-236-201.ok.ok.cox.net - 68.13.236.201) on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 4:20 pm: Edit Post

For starters i wish that everyone could just remember jason hendrix for the fun, loving, honorable, unselfish, and just all round good man that he was,and not for the custody battle that his mother and father had over his remains. As a matter of fact i knew jason hendrix personally and i am also the mother of a boy. If i were in his mothers shoes i could not have broght myself to let his remains be dishonored by staying in a freezer for more than 6 weeks. Jason deserved so much better than that. I want him to be remembered for saving the men he saved that day or for giving up his christmas leave so that others with children could go home instead, because thats the kind of man he was. So please the next time you hear something about "the fallen soldier who's remains are involved in a custody battle" just remember that is not how he wanted to be remembered. He was much more than that. He was a HERO, a brother, a son, a nephew, a cousin, friend, a leader, and much more to many people. Thank you

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: