|By Carlos Amador (18.104.22.168) on Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 8:20 pm: Edit Post|
In our desire to establish the true cause of our son’s death in Guacotecti, El Salvador, we consulted with Dr. Yocasta Brugal, reputed Anatomic and Forensic Pathologist. The autopsy report and all of the supporting documentation were thoroughly evaluated by Dr. Brugal, who chose to get the assistance of Dr. Robert A. Midleberg, Ph. D.,DABFT, DABC-TC, Forensic Toxicologist and Laboratory Director from the National Medical Services, Inc, Toxicology Department in Willow Grove, PA.
Following are the conclusions from these experts, as reported in the February 25, 2005 report from Dr. Brugal and the January 19, 2005 report from Dr. Midleberg.
1. “Carlos’ autopsy does not contribute to the determination of death due to the state of putrefaction and the general conditions of the body”.
2. “It also worries us the method used to analyze the levels of benzodiazepines since we understand they are not valid or reliable to establish the cause of death. The tests performed in the bladder wash, blood and gastric content were inadequate from the analytical and interpretative perspective”.
3. “The levels are within therapeutic limits. Alcohol levels cannot be accepted since the body is in decomposition state and is probably the result of the bacteria-mediated production of alcohol”.
4. “The autopsy and tests performed only discard that this was of a traumatic nature. We do not have specific findings that explain in any way the death of this person. The death is probably a functional one, without any relevant pathological change, as it occurs with epilepsy, metabolic disturbance, electrolytic unbalance, etc”.
5. “We have to conclude that in a scientific and responsible manner it cannot be established that the cause of death was intoxication by benzodiazepines, that with the information we have, neither the cause nor the way can be established, though the way seems to be of natural type”.
The above quoted reports are available to Mr. Carollo. If he truly wants to close the circle in his investigation regarding our son’s death as a Peace Corps Volunteer, he will contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to acquire the data he is missing and which he refused to wait for before publishing his viciously irresponsible series of articles.
The Mother and Father of Carlos M. Amador Guzmán