|By Admin1 (admin) on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 10:54 pm: Edit Post|
Daniel Jenkins - 1994-1996, U.S. Peace Corps, Costa Rica, Small Business Development Volunteer
Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, NY
MPA - Nonprofit Management (candidate)
Cornell College, IA
BA - Economics and Business
BA - Secondary Education
Trickle Up Program, NY
· Responsible for the development and administration of the
information systems used by the Development Office, which include
Blackbaud's Raisers Edge fundraising software and the Trickle Up
· Support the Development Director and the Executive Director in all
aspects of fundraising; including the preparation of publications and
mailings, the preparation and completion of proposals and reports to
foundations and corporations, and major gift fundraising.
· Provide administrative support associated with maintaining and
updating donor information, inputting and acknowledging
contributions, planning special events, and supporting the Trickle Up
Business Council, Development Committee, and Board.
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, GA
Automation Training Specialist
· Designed, developed, and instructed internal training programs for
Remote LAN Access, the Purchasing and Accounts Payable
System , and a new employee information technologies orientation
· Co-organizer of four multi-site Technology Awareness conferences
for a Bank staff of 1,500. Tasks included conference planning,
development of marketing materials and strategies, coordinating
guest speaking engagements, conference facility setup and support,
and designing administrative processes.
· Project leader for the evaluation and implementation of a enterprise
learning management system used by the IT training staff to
automate administrative tasks and implement competency-based
· Manager of the Automation Training computer lab. Provided
meeting arrangements and consultation to staff using the facility and
coordinated necessary equipment and software maintenance.
U.S. Peace Corps, Costa Rica
Small Business Development Volunteer
· Advised 15 small enterprises in accounting, finance, marketing and
start-ups as a volunteer consultant and trainer.
· Negotiated community access to small business loans at 15%
less than the current lending rate benefiting eleven businesses
during the first year.
· Member of a volunteer task force that created the 2 year project
plan, Description of Service, and training competencies for the new
Peace Corps Business Education Program.
· Developed and facilitated a 90-hour workshop to qualify seven
potential entrepreneurs for start-up loans from a regional bank.
· Managed a membership outreach campaign directed at 700
farmers in 33 communities for an agricultural micro-lending
cooperative through newsletters, bulletin boards, and radio
· Edited and performed a weekly radio show entitled "Improve your
Business" to discuss small business themes and publicize my
· Developed a farm management workshop given in four
communities to 35 farmers. Used Train-the-Trainer workshops to
train host-country counterparts to deliver the workshop.
Copyright Information © 2000
All Rights Reserved