Joy Black was with the Peace Corps in Chile

Peace Corps Online: Directory: Chile: Peace Corps Chile : Peace Corps In Chile: Joy Black was with the Peace Corps in Chile

By Admin1 (admin) on Tuesday, July 03, 2001 - 10:14 am: Edit Post

Joy Black

R.N., B.A.

Joy Black has been in the nursing profession in North East Ohio for the last 25 years and previously she was with the Peace Corps in Chile, South America. Her colleague´s friends and residents regard her as the ultimate caregiver.

Joy trained at Mt. Sinai School of Nursing and obtained a Bachelors Degree in Health Services Management from Ursuline College. She is an active member of the Chesterland Rotary Club, graduate of Geauga Leadership Program and past board member of ORCA-Ohio Residential Care Association.

Joy´s Place Inc. and Joy´s Place II provide private rooms in a group home setting licensed by the State of Ohio. We offer the following services:

* Assistance with personal care, grooming and activities of daily living to adults 18 and over.

* Supervision of medications and doctors appointments. On site podiatrist visits, hearing testing.

* Provision of nutritious, medically appropriate meals and snacks with resident participation in the meal planning.

* Involvement in activity groups (residents are encouraged to pursue their own hobbies and interests), clergy visitation, transportation to outings and area functions, interaction with community agencies, churches, beautician or barber visits.

* Maintenance of family involvement through visits, outings, and telephone.

Some postings on Peace Corps Online are provided to the individual members of this group without permission of the copyright owner for the non-profit purposes of criticism, comment, education, scholarship, and research under the "Fair Use" provisions of U.S. Government copyright laws and they may not be distributed further without permission of the copyright owner. Peace Corps Online does not vouch for the accuracy of the content of the postings, which is the sole responsibility of the copyright holder.

Story Source: Joy's Place

This story has been posted in the following forums: : Headlines; COS - Chile

PCOL4160

By EllenVaughan on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 10:52 am: Edit Post

Hey! joy email me. EllenV@bdg10.niddk.nih.gov

By Denton R. Vaughan (69.255.23.31) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 6:28 pm: Edit Post

Joy,
Ellen and I just had a reunion of Antofagasta volunteers at my house in Reston Va. Many of the nurses group wanted to get in touch with you. Joan Powel Linda Perini and Ellen Vaughan
Hope you will provide contact info, particularly an e-mail and we will send pics of the reunion.
Denny Vaughan

By sylvia jorgensen villegas (cache-mtc-aa07.proxy.aol.com - 64.12.116.11) on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 11:08 pm: Edit Post

Joy,

Old friend, how can I contact you? I've missed you so.

Sylvia Villegas

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: