|By Admin1 (admin) on Sunday, July 15, 2001 - 10:12 pm: Edit Post|
Mike's Fiji Phone Card Collection: These cards were collected while I was a teacher in Fiji as a Peace Corps volunteer and later as an ex-patriot worker
Mike's Fiji Phone Card Collection: These cards were collected while I was a teacher in Fiji as a Peace Corps volunteer and later as an ex-patriot worker.
Mike's Fiji Phone Card Collection
These cards were collected while I was a teacher in Fiji as a Peace Corps volunteer and later as an ex-patriot worker. Many of the rarest cards were found by my "gang" of street boys to whom I offered 10% of the face value for the blank cards they found left in telephones or in trash cans. I welcome your e-mail. However, I have limited my collecting to Fiji phone cards and do not want cards from other places.
Although I have more cards than are illustrated here, these are (in my opinion) the more attractive or interesting of my collection.
Fiji Post & Telecom
1. Inaugural Phonecard Issue (August 1992)
2. Scenic views (Not labeled as a series.I'm missing at least one $50 card. 1993)
3. Fiji History Series (1994) Including a rare $50 tabua card.
4. Fiji Culture Series (1994)
5. Fiji Marine Life Series (I'm missing the $50 Qio card. 1995)
6. Fiji Flower Series (1995)
7. Suva Landmarks (1995 I don't know if a $50 card exists.)
8. Fiji Bird Life Series (1995) and Fiji Bird Life Series 2 (1996)
9. Save our sea turtles (1996)
1. Iguanas (1996)
2. Fiji Handicrafts (1996)
3. A new look at Fiji handicrafts (Not one their best efforts, I'm afraid. 1997)
Including a picture of my favorite place, Vahi Lele (Vatu Lele). The tapa design along the side of the page is from Were Lokia on this island. Mutu Cola Vina, Bulou Inise!)
Here are a couple links to send you on your way:
|By Anonymous (188.8.131.52.dynamic.barak-online.net - 184.108.40.206) on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 9:52 pm: Edit Post|
If you want to see more information about Fiji collectible phone cards, please visit: