Peace Corps Online: State: Missouri: ILLNESS OR INJURY R/T PC SERVICE?

By Kevin Clark ( - on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 4:05 pm: Edit Post

Do you have a chronic illness or disability related to your Peace
Corps service? Are you dealing with OWCP to obtain medical benefits
or disability payments? If so, the following group may be of
interest to you:

A group of RPCVs with OWCP claims are banding together in an attempt
to get better service from OWCP, PC Medical Office, etc. Please
feel free to join us!

A current ‘hot button’ topic is the decision by the Office of the Inspector
General (OIG) of the Peace Corps to conduct “a review of post-service
applications by former Peace Corps staff and Volunteers for benefits under the
Federal Employees Compensation Act.” Letters sent out by the OIG have been
viewed as insulting, intimidating, etc.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.