Dear Miss Lonelyhearts
Peace Corps Online:
Peace Corps News:
Dear Miss Lonelyhearts
Dear Miss Lonelyhearts
Answers to the questions you were afraid to ask about the Peace Corps.
To leave a new message, go to the bottom of this page and press the "Create New Message" button.To leave an answer for a message that has already been posted, write your comment, and press the "Preview/Post Message" button.
Other Web Pages you may want to look at:
The Peace Corps Bulletin Board: Go here.
Looking for a Lost RPCV: Go here.
Bulletin Boards by Country of Service: Go here.
Bulletin Boards by State: Go here.
Open Discussion - You choose the topics: Go here.
- I'm 18 years old, with only a couple college courses to boast about. I hear my chances of acceptence are slim. What can I do before I click "Submit" on my application to better my chances? Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 5:26 pm 
- 2007.08.09: August 9, 2007: Headlines: Miss Lonelyhearts: Journalism: Poynter Online: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: Would joining the Peace Corps Derail My Career as a journalist? Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 11:47 am 
- 2007.07.05: July 5, 2007: Headlines: Miss Lonelyhearts: Metafilter: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: If you were doing the Peace Corps, what reading material would you bring with you? Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 11:43 am 
- 2007.08.01: August 1, 2007: Headlines: Miss Lonelyhearts: Interview: Application Process: PCOL Exclusive: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: Do you have any tips concerning the interview during the Application Process Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 12:02 pm 
- 2007.07.03: July 3, 2007: Headlines: Miss Lonelyhearts: Crime: Application Process: Metafilter: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: I`m applying for the Peace Corps. I got a couple misdemeanors in college, but I`ve done a state criminal background check and I`m clean. Do you think these will turn up on my FBI background check for the Peace Corps? Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:51 pm 
- 2007.05.14: May 14, 2007: Headlines: Miss Lonelyhearts: Humor: Metafilter: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: Which Peace corps assignment should I take? Africa, Eastern Europe, or Central Asia Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 7:56 pm 
- 2005.06.27: June 27, 2005: Headlines: Recruitment: Tatooes: Free Expression: Freedom of Speech: First Amendment: Miss LonelyHearts: Fashion: Personal Web Site: Dear Miss LonelyHearts: What is Peace Corps' policy on Tattoos and Piercings? Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 11:03 am 
- 2007.01.12: January 12, 2007: Headlines: COS - Costa Rica: Policy: Miss LonelyHearts: Personal Web site: Dear Miss LonelyHearts: Can I be terminated for being away from my site without permission? Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 11:18 am 
- 2006.11.30: November 30, 2006: Headlines: Miss LonelyHearts: FAQ: Blogs: Blog Policy: Live Journal: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: Has anyone had issues with blogs or personal websites in the peace corps, or do they really only care about what you say about them? Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 2:04 am 
- 2006.11.12: November 12, 2006: Headlines: Miss LonelyHearts: Humor: Movies: Dallas News: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: How did 'Kumbaya' become a mocking metaphor? Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 10:27 am 
- 2006.01.10: January 10, 2006: Headlines: FAQ: Motorcycles: Miss Lonelyhearts: FAQ: Peace Corps Folks: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: Can I ride a motorcyle in the Peace Corps? Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 10:26 am 
- 2006.07.26: July 26, 2006: Headlines: Cross Cultural Issues: Vegetarian: Miss Lonelyhearts: Live Journal: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: Peace Corps Applicants "Peaceful Core" writes: Can I be a vegetarian in the Peace Corps? Monday, February 12, 2007 - 4:42 pm 
- 2006.10.11: October 11, 2006: Headlines: FAQ: Relationships: Human Relations: Miss Lonelyhearts: Ask Metafilter: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: In February, my boyfriend of a few months will be leaving to do a two year stint with the peace corps. We're emphatically in love with each other, and the thought of him leaving my life is absolutely dreadful and deeply saddening. How can I best prepare myself for what is to come? Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 8:23 am 
- 2006.10.12: October 12, 2006: Headlines: FAQ: Recruitment: Humor: Miss Lonelyhearts: Ask Metafilter: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: My little brother's life is circling the drain. He graduated high school a couple of years ago, has never lived away from home, doesn't have a job, and spends his days in front of his PC watching anime and playing video games. If we encourage him to get out if his bedroom and join the Peace Corps, will they even take him? Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 3:57 pm 
- 2006.01.10: January 10, 2006: Headlines: FAQ: Intelligence Issues: Military: Miss Lonelyhearts: Ask Metafilter: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts: I was in the Army from 1997 to 2001. I was operationally deployed during the spring/summer of 2000. During my deployment, my unit engaged in information/intelligence-gathering activities. Will my army deployment make me ineligible for Peace Corps? Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 3:56 pm 
- 2006.06.15: June 15, 2006: Headlines: Marriage: Humor: Salon: Dear Miss Lonelyhearts, My wife wants to join the Peace Corps Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 2:08 pm